One new photograph, almost every day of the year

2014—Blended Dandelion

I fiddled with focus stacking again. This time, I shot a dandelion on my front lawn. I had no control over the breeze which wafted the little seed pod in and out of the view finder. I switched to Shutter Priority and set the shutter speed to 1/640, then upped the ISO to 500. I tried to focus everywhere but a few of the photos had only half of the dandelion in the shot. Still, Photoshop managed to salvage a complete image from 26 that I gave it to blend into one. I can see in this image that a few of the seeds are floating and a few of the stems are misaligned but still, it does an impressive job. I gave it a mess and it cleaned it up for me, like magic.


2 responses

  1. Carol – looks like fun!! Thanks for sharing your experience. I just found a used uber-macro and look forward to having some fun and learning to focus stack.

    November 5, 2014 at 4:59 am

  2. Melinda

    This is amazing! I HAVE to try it!!!

    November 5, 2014 at 7:51 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s